Frequently Asked Questions

Want to know about fuel usage, campervan features, camping spots or just where to buy good drugs? Look no further doods - look below and all your prayers shall be answered...Hallelujah!!

Easy! You've got these choices:
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Free Call Telephone: 0808 2348461
Phone from outside the UK: +44203 086 8606
Fax Number: 0203 3188417
SMS: 07860 021716

You can also find us on:
Skype: wickedeurope
Facebook & Twitter: wickedcamperseu

Please use these details for all enquiries for any European Wicked depot as we deal with all reservations and enquiries at the same central location.

Wicked is all over Europe! Our main HQ is in London, so this is where most of our vans start their Wicked life. In the UK we also have a depot in Scotland (Edinburgh). In the republic of Ireland we have a base in Dublin. We are big fans of flexible, independent travel so you can do one way hires between any of our depots subject to availability. Our mainland European depots are based in Amsterdam (Netherlands), Berlin and Munich (Germany), Rome and Venice (Italy), Barcelona and Malaga (Spain), Wroclaw (Poland) and Faro (Portugal).

Check out the locations page on our website for address details. We deal with bookings and enquiries for all of our European depots through our UK HQ though, so if you have any questions just contact us at: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Or you can obtain instant quotes (and make bookings) for all locations by clicking on the Pricing menu.

Firstly, please call or email in advance if you do not have a pre-arranged appointment/pick-up. Have a look at our Locations page for address details of our current depots throughout Europe if you are coming to pick up a van.

If you want to make a booking, please do this online, as our system is now set up to obtain all your information through the website.

Please click on the quotes/bookings tab for instant quotes and to make a booking.

Collection times vary between locations according to opening times. Changes can be made to your collection time prior to collection however you do need to let us know in advance as many of our depots are meeting points only so a Wicked representative will be waiting for you at the designated time unless we hear otherwise. Late fees do apply.

Here at Wicked Europe we calculate our hires per calendar day. So each day is counted as one, irrespective of what time you pick up/return the van.

Wicked Europe currently has a fleet made up of mostly Toyotas. We have a few different models which include Town Ace Noahs, Voxys and Hiace Regius vans. Our Safari vans are currently the Toyota Hiace Regius model (RHD) and the Chevrolet Astro (LHD). Our 2 seaters are a mixture of the Noahs and Voxys but are set up exactly the same on the inside and have the same amount of space. Our only distinction is between the different styles of van - the 2 seater and the Safari. Our classic 2 seater is a right hand drive as is the RHD Safari Camper. We also have a left hand drive Safari van category and a Premium 2 seater (Nissan NV200), which is left hand drive. We also have Toyota Auris cars (right hand drive) which we call the Mini Camper.

The majority of our vans are now petrol vans, however the Premium LHD 2 seater Nissan is diesel. Most of our vans are automatic however the Premium 2 seater Nissan and the mini camper cars are manuals.

Our European fleet currently has 5 different vehicles available: Classic 2 Seaters, Premium 2 seaters, Mini Campers, RHD Safari Campers and LHD Safari campers. The 2 Seaters have just 2 seats in them and a large bed/convertible seating area in the back [Note that the 2 seaters can only legally fit 2 people]. The Safari camper has a double bed inside that converts into seating and also has a rooftop tent which is large and comfy so you can split your sleeping areas in a large group or, for the ultimate luxury if there's 2 of you, you can use the rooftop for sleeping and the downstairs for sitting/eating/chillaxing. All types of van have a fully equipped kitchen in the back that contains a sink and tap, gas stove (and one full gas cannister), cool box/esky, plates/dishes/mugs/cutlery for 2 or 5, pots and pans, plus an outside table and chairs for eating al fresco in the European sunshine! The mini camper is a fab car which is uber fuel efficent and seats up to 5. It comes with a rooftop tent for up to 3 to sleep in plus some kitchen gear in the boot for you to use to picnic along the way.

Please explore the Gallery pages for images of our vans and scroll down on the homepage to take a look around the vans with our Virtual Tours.

You need to be 21 years of age to hire a Wicked Camper in Europe with a full licence. You must also have a good driving history of at least 1 year. I'm afraid we can't hire to anyone under 21 due to insurance restrictions.

When you decide that you'd like to book a Wicked Camper (and who wouldn't!) simply click on the Pricing menu, or go to the homepage and use the booking engine there. Input your details and click on 'Request booking'. You will be asked to enter in your details including credit/debit card details to our secure server. We will use your card details for a £200 deposit to secure the booking or a £500 deposit if your hire commences between 1 June - 1 October. If the total cost of your booking is less than the stated deposit amount here then the total cost will be required upon booking.

If you book through an agent you will be asked to pay a percentage of the booking to them as a deposit instead. Once your deposit has been taken we will then send you through a booking confirmation detailing your Wicked adventure! The deposit you pay when you book is deducted from the balance. The remaining balance is then due 7 days before your pick up date.

Please remember that your booking is not secure until you have received the booking confirmation back from us with your deposit received. We have got tons of vans but it's not a bottomless pit so it's best to book as soon as you can, especially during peak season (May-September).

We accept Mastercard, Maestro, Visa, Visa Electron, Solo, Amex, Visa Debit and JCB Cards. UK Debit cards are free to use but all other cards do incur a 3% fee. For all depots we ask for full payment to be made at least 7 days before your arranged collection date. If you want to avoid the 3% surcharge and don't have a UK debit card we also accept bank transfers after the initial deposit has been paid.

Yes, insurance is compulsory for each driver so the quoting system will automatically add this in depending on the age of the driver and whether you are driving in just the UK or outside of the UK (mainland Europe).

If you pay the extra premium to take the van over to Europe then you are covered in all EU countries plus Serbia, Macedonia, Switzerland, Croatia, Norway, Iceland, Andorra, Liechtenstein, Bosnia & Albania, Turkey and Monaco. If you’re not sure which countries are included in the EU here’s a list (drum roll please): Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK.

We have heard certain rumours from previous customers that in some Eastern European countries (i.e Montenegro) you can purchase insurance at border crossing points to cover you in that particular country. We’ve been advised that this is more than likely valid and is usually 3rd party cover. As far as we know it costs around £50 per week. Please be advised that Wicked do not take any responsibility for customers purchasing this insurance – this is at your own risk.

All vans come with their own green card which should be sufficient, along with the documents in the vehicle to cross most European borders. However, if you are planning on traveling in Eastern Europe (i.e to the east of Germany/Italy/Austria borders) we recommend that you purchase from us a Vehicle on Hire Certificate (VOH certificate) which costs £15+ VAT and alleviates any cross-border issues you may have in more remote parts of Europe. This VOH certificate is a valid and legal replacement for the vehicles Registration Document (also known as a V5) which can be given to customers who are hiring our vehicles - as we are not allowed to issue customers with the original Registration document.


As Morocco isn't in Europe (it's in Africa!) this is a tricky one. Get in touch with us though if you want to travel there and we can explain the deal.

When you come to collect your Wicked Camper please make sure the driver is present and that they have their drivers license with them. If you have paid for an additional driver then it's not necessary for all drivers to come to collect the van, however, you will need to bring all drivers licences with you. We also need you to bring along a debit or credit card so that your details can be left on the contract and the cash/card to pay the outstanding balance (this applies for London pick ups - all other pick ups should have already prepaid). You will also need to bring bedding with you as we do not provide this. All vans have CD players in them so you might want to bring along some tunes too!

Yes! All of our vans come with UK and European maps. The maps included are road maps covering all of Europe. If you want more detailed city maps or camping maps/guides you will need to bring your own.

Our vans come with a fabulous chilly bin/cool box/esky - whatever you want to call it! You just need to put ice in the box and your stuff is kept cool. You may think that an electric coolbox would be better but you could be wrong... Electric coolboxes reduce the temperature in the box to 18 degrees lower than the outside temperature which is ace if you're somewhere a little chilly (in which case the ice in the cool box works for longer), however, if you're in Spain in the height of summer and the temperature is 35 degrees outside your electric 'cool' box will be a sweaty 17 degrees! Yummy.. Ice works best!

Yes. All of our vans go through their yearly roadworthy test and have frequent services and maintenance to keep them in optimum roadtrip conditions throughout the year. But you don't have to take our word for it! Wicked are also a member of the BVRLA – which is the trade association for the UK vehicle rental and leasing association, and they ensure that standards are set that members need to adhere to (note that not all Camper van companies can claim to be BVRLA members). In particular the BVRLAs Code of Conduct promotes good practice in all areas of our business with the highest levels of service, honesty and integrity. Additionally all of our vehicles have to comply with the BVRLAs Quality assurance programme and go through Pre and Post rental checks by our mechanics.

Yes, we do allow pets in the vans however there is a compulsory charge of £50/€60 for this. This is clearly displayed on the booking form and needs to be ticked if you intend on taking your pet along for the ride! We expect the van to come back clean and ready for the next customer and there is a pet cleaning charge if the van comes back unclean after a pet has traveled in it.

An extra driver is an additional £5/£6 per day.

We want your experience to be a Wicked adventure and will do everything we can to resolve any possible issues you may have. If you would like to officially complain though please do it in writing and send to: Wicked Campers Ltd, 196 Carlisle Lane, London, SE1 7LH. In the event of a unsatisfactory solution you can contact the BVRLA (UK vehicle rental and leasing association) of which we are a member as they offer an independent conciliation service for hires that originate/terminate in the UK.

Snow chains and/or Winter Tyres are not provided with our vans. The law varies signifcantly throughout Europe as to what tyres are required where during winter - also bear in mind that Winter Tyres should only be used in 'Wintery' conditions. Additionally we do not ask for a detailed itinerary of each customers proposed route prior to departure, so with this in mind it is ultimately the responsibility of you, the customer, to plan your trip and to make sure that you are adequately prepared for each country you intend to visit. As a guide Snow chains cost approximately £40 per pair and are probably the easiest and cheapest option.

We have taken the following extract from for info:

France:The use of winter tyres is not mandatory in France. Nevertheless in some mountainous areas signs warn drivers that snow chains are necessary.

Switzerland:Winter tyres are mandatory between 1st November and 15th April for vehicles not using snow chains. These dates may be extended in weather conditions persist.Snow chains can only be used if the roads have a complete covering of snow and must be fitted on at least two driving wheels.

Austria:Winter tyres are mandatory in Austria. The law states that passenger cars with a permissible maximum weight of up to 3.5 tonnes may be operated only between 1 November and 15 April in winter conditions such as snow, slush or ice if winter tyres have been installed on all wheels. All-season tyres are also considered winter tyres if they have the "M + S" mark.As an alternative to winter tyres, snow chains may be used on at least two driving wheels, however, these may only be used in case the road is covered by a complete or scarcely broken snow cover or sheet of ice.

Italy:It is not compulsory to use winter tyres in Italy. Snow chains should be carried and used as dictated by local signs or road conditions - reduced speed limits may apply. From 15th October to 15th April vehicles must be equipped with winter tyres or snow chains in the Val d'Aosta area.

Finland:In Finland winter tyres are compulsory from 1st December to the end of February unless otherwise indicated by road signs. Winter tyres must be marked with the M&S symbol on the sidewall.Snow chains are allowed but only where there's sufficient snow to avoid any damage to the road surface.

Latvia:Winter tyres are compulsory from 1st December until 1st March.

Norway: Winter tyres are not compulsory,however snow chains are as dictated by local road signs - in the event that there is ice or snow covering the roads winter tyres or tyres with snow chains must be used.

Sweden: Winter tyres which must be marked M&S are compulsory from December 1st until March 31st with a minimum tread depth of 3mm. Snow chains may be used if weather/road conditions require.

Slovenia:Snow chains must be carried from November 15th until March 15th (and when the winter weather conditions necessitate) by cars and vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes unless the vehicle is fitted with four winter tyres with a minimum tread of 3mm.

Germany:Motorists are obliged to make sure they have correct tyres to suit the winter weather conditions. This may mean the use of winter tyres (with M&S or snowflake symbol) and in extreme weather, the additional use of snow chains.

Our Wicked Campers are set up to be fully functioning homes on wheels without the need for power so if you're enjoying the free-spirited lifestyle out in the middle of nowhere you can still eat, sleep and explore with no hassles. All of our vans have regular car heating in them and when the van is switched off you can use good old fashioned body heat to warm up!.

Here at Wicked we want everyone to have a good time in our vans. We have just recently had our first van converted with a Twin Flip Accelerator pedal that allows customers who can only drive with their left leg to be able to hire from us. We are open to suggestions on any specific conversion requirements you may have and will gladly help if we can. 99% of our vans are automatic and also easy to drive as they are not big vehicles.


Our main London depot is at ground level with a big open accessible door and low kerbs.

All enquiries are dealt with manually by a small team so please bear with us, especially in high season! If you need to get in touch give us a call or email us directly at the address above and we’ll get back to you asap!

Yes, we do actually but at the moment they're just available for UK pick ups and returns - although you can take them to Europe within your hire. Just tick the box on the booking form to add one to your booking.

Value Added Tax. It's calculated at 20% currently and is included in our prices. Just make sure you go through to the last step of the quoting process to get a full price which includes the VAT and compulsory insurance costs.

Sorry but no. Basically we have to have the flexibility to move our vans around so it’s not possibly to reserve a specific van. They are also often resprayed and have maintenance needs so that would make it incredibly difficult to do this.

Yes they are but they are dependent on availability of vans in the specified location. Please use our bookings/quote menu to obtain a quote and then we will let you know about availability if you choose to make a booking. Please note that one way fees do apply but these will be included on your quote.

No. All drivers hiring a Wicked Camper must have a valid full driver’s license (although get in touch if you have a provisional license as we can refer it to our insurers).

All drivers hiring a van must present their license when they collect the van. All of our prices are based on having a clean driving history so please bear this in mind if you have any bad driving history.

If you've been a resident of the UK for more than 12 months you will need to have a UK license, please see the DVLAs website for further details (UK Driving authority).

The 2 seater vans are 4.69 metres long, 1.69 metres wide and 1.85 metres high. The multi seater vans are roughly 4.6 metres long, 1.7 metres wide and 2 metres high. The Safari campers are 4.6 m long, 1.7 m wide and 2.45 m high. If there is a classification for ‘MPV” this is the right category. If this is not an option, the van is classed as a ‘Car’. Many ferry operators allow you to either leave the Registration number blank or put in TBA if you are using a hire vehicle.

We do not require an IDP for you to be able to hire from us. However it is your responsibility to make sure you have the correct licence for the countries that you wish to travel in and it's often easier to get one if you are traveling in non-english speaking countries and don't speak the local lingo yourself. Check out AAs guide to what country requires what licence here.

Generally the camper vans do around 8KM/L (or 18.8 mpg). The mini campers do roughly 17 KM/L (or 40 mpg). If you want to find out the most current prices for fuel in the UK check out this handy website:

Yes. There are different minimum hire periods for different locations, this will be made known on requesting a quote or booking. But generally we have a 2 day minimum hire period in the UK and Ireland. For most of our other depots there is a 7 day minimum hire period during the summer and less in the winter.

Yes we do - the Premium 2 seater and the LHD Safari. Most of our fleet is Right hand drive though. Bear in mind that many UK residents take their own (right hand drive) cars to the continent frequently without hassles so it really is not an issue or a difficulty to drive a RHD in mainland Europe.

Not yet. Occasionally we sell our campers as we add to our fleet. Please check regularly to see when our vans are for sale.

Just call the roadside assistance number we will provide you with on collection of your van. All hires include 24 hour roadside assistance in the UK and Europe (if you have booked European travel) for your peace of mind and security.

In the unlikely event that the vehicle cannot be fixed or replaced and the hire is cancelled we will refund the remaining days and assist you in reaching the nearest onward travel point. If your hire continues after the van is fixed we will refund the days lost whilst the vehicle is being repaired. We do not refund for food or other costs. We do not/cannot guarantee our vans and cannot guarantee a replacement vehicle.

Almost anywhere. Please bear in mind that local laws do apply and any violations are your responsibility. For example, double yellow lines painted on the curb indicate that you cannot park at any time. Truck stops and limitless parking zones are ideal. You will also find many caravan parks and camping grounds in the UK and Europe that offer excellent facilities for a minimal cost. Check out the caravan and camping club in the UK.

No! But if you think you can please let us know - email us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your official quote from another camper van hire company - and we will match the price!

JTouch Mobile Extension for Joomla! 3.3 © 2014 Griddy Designs, LLC