Frequently Asked Questions

Want to Hire a Wicked Camper, but have a few questions? Or just general "Is Donald Trump's hair actually a small furry extra-terrestrial creature from a highly-civilised planet located within the wider Circumstellar Habitable Zone of the Universe?" or "Do you know what this thing is on my back?"

Under the influence of the right drugs, we could answer those questions. For now though, we are only capable of answering campervan rental-related questions. In fact we've already trawled the depths of your minds (it's dark in there, you dirty, sexy thing) and we've prepared some answers to your questions as featured below...

Information About Our Vehicles

All Wicked Campers include a good range of camping equipment so you can be completely self-sufficient on your roadtrip.

  • Cutlery & Crockery
  • Gas Stove
  • Ice Cooler (Esky)
  • Fry Pan & Sauce Pan
  • Mattresses (Pillows and Linen Not Included)
  • Outdoor Table & Chair
  • Sink & Water Container
  • CD Player & Radio
  • MP3 (AUX) Input (selected vehicles only)
  • USB Charge Point
  • Automatic Transmission
  • Air-conditioning (selected vehicles only)

Optional Extras

  • Bike Rack (Optional $10 per day)
  • GPS Rental (Optional $5 per day)

Does the vehicle come with Linen?

No – the vehicles do not come with linen or pillows. You will need to supply our own. Some depots carry pillows and blankets from previous customers. You can use these if necessary, however this service is provided as a gesture of goodwill only.

Do any Wicked Campers have an MP3 connection?

All vehicles come with a CD Player. Only selected vehicles are fitted with ipod (AUX) connectivity.

Baby Seats & Anchor Points

Unfortunately none of our campervans have anchor points for child seats.

Which Vehicles are Automatic Transmission?

The vast majority of our USA & Canada campervans are Automatic Transmission.

Right-Hand Drive vs Left-Hand Drive Campers:

All our campers in the USA are Left-Hand Drive (standard in USA). Most of the fleet in Canada is also Left-Hand Drive (standard in Canada), however we do have a small range of Right-Hand Drive Premium 2-Seater Campervans available (RH Drive). These Premium 2-Seater RH Drive vehicles are only permitted within Canada and cannot be taken into the USA.

How Big are the Campervans?

Our Iconic 2 & 5-Seater Campervans are all Chevrolet Astro Vans and approx. 4.5m long, 1.9m wide and 1.9m high, however this varies slightly from model to model.

Do any campervans have roof racks or tow bars?

Selected 2-Seater vehicles have roof racks, please let us know when booking if you require roof racks on your camper. Our Mini Camper 3-Seater's & Fantastic 5-Seater's have rooftop tents (so no roof racks!).

Tow Bars are fitted on selected Iconic 2-Seater Vans and Fantastic 5-Seat Campers, however these are for bike racks only. Wicked Campers do not permit hirers to tow boats, jet ski's or caravans.

Can I choose my campervan design?

Customers are welcome to put in a request for the design on the camper which we will try our best to accommodate if available. However as a lot of our hires are one way it is not guaranteed. Customers are also welcome to request a 'tame' van if travelling with children etc.

Do the Campers have charge points?

All campervans feature a 12V Cigarette Charge Point. You'll just need charge cables to power your smart phones and small accessories while driving.

Does my Camper come with a Sat Nav?

GPS devices are available for hire, book online or notify our Roadtrip Planners when booking.

What is the approximate fuel consumption of Wicked Campers?

Our Iconic 2-Seaters & Fantastic 5-Seaters are both Chevrolet Astro Vans and aren't particularly fuel-efficient. If you are on a super-tight budget and want a more fuel-efficient camper, try our Mini Camper or Premium 2-Seaters.

What type of fuel do the campers use?

Our Campervans run on petrol (gasoline).

Do the vehicles come with Fuel?

All Wicked Campers come with 1/4 tank of fuel and must be returned with 1/4 tank.

What happens if I have an issue with the Vehicle?

We have a Roadside Assistance Service available to Wicked Camper hirers. In the event of a breakdown you are to call: 604-723-1226 for assistance and our operator will help. Please Note: Hirer will be liable for Roadside Assistance Call Out Fees in the event of human error (Lost Keys, Keys locked in vehicle, Flat Battery, Tyre Changes, No Fuel, etc).

Information About Booking

Can I book Online?

Hell yeah – check it out baby: Book Online

How Can I Pay?

We accept Visa, Mastercard and Debit only (No Cash). Also, transactions in Vancouver HQ are conducted in Canadian Dollars ($CAD) and in Los Angeles in American Dollars ($US).

Are one way hires available?

Yes we permit One Way Hires between Wicked Campers Locations. Please note that one-way fees do apply and will be included on your quote - book online for all prices.

Wicked Campers Liability Reduction Options offer customers the opportunity to minimise the Bond required to hire a vehicle. Please Note that all Bond Refunds can take up to 14 Working Days to Process.

*Bond Refunds will take up to 14 Business Days to process from date of dropoff. Wicked Campers takes no responsibility for currency fluctuations when refunding hirer Bond. A valid credit card is required for imprint. If no credit card is available, a $500 Bond applies. Hirer is liable for any damage to Rooftop Tents.

Roadside Assistance is included with Liability Reduction B, however Hirer will be liable for Roadside Assistance Call Out Fees in the event of human error (Lost Keys, Keys locked in vehicle, Flat Battery, Tyre Changes, No Fuel, etc), regardless of cover chosen.

Foreign License Fee applies to all Drivers with licenses from any country outside of USA or Canada (including International Drivers Licenses).

What is a Bond?

A Bond is a security deposit payable at time of vehicle pickup. It is the same as a Bond when renting an Apartment, if the vehicle is returned in good order, the Bond is refunded to the hirer’s account.

Is the Bond actually deducted from my account?

Yes, the full Bond amount will be deducted from your account at the collection depot on day of pickup.

How long does it take to refund my Bond?

If you return your vehicle on-time and in good condition (and clean!), then your Bond will be refunded back onto the same card within 14 Working Days.

Why should I take Liability Reduction B?

Liability Reduction B will: - Reduce your Bond Amount to $500. This option also allows for up to 4 Extra Drivers and covers hirer for Front Windscreen, 4 x Tyres and minor incidents may be covered in certain situations – refer to our policies for more information.

If I'm paying the security bond on credit card, do you actually take the money or just an imprint?

For hires in USA who select Standard Liability, a US$3200 (Ages 18 - 20) or US$2700 (Ages 21+) bond is debited from your account for the duration of hire. For hires in Canada who select Standard Liability, a CA$3200 (Ages 18 - 20) or CA$2700 (Ages 21+) bond is debited from your account for the duration of hire. Once the camper has been returned without damage or breach of contract, bond will be refunded. Bond refunds generally take up to 14 working days to be processed & refunded. Depending on how busy our depots have been, bond can sometimes take a little longer than usual to be refunded.

Wicked Campers Los Angeles

13780 Crenshaw Bl
Gardena California
90249 USA

Monday to Friday: 9am to 4pm
Saturdays: 9am to 12pm
Sundays: Closed

Wicked Campers Vancouver

1295 W 75th Ave
Vancouver British Columbia
Canada V6P 3G4

Monday to Friday: 9am to 4pm
Saturdays: 9am to 12pm
Sundays: Closed

Wicked Campers Calgary

4320 17th Ave SE
Calgary Alberta
Canada T2A 0T4

Monday to Friday: 9am to 4pm
Saturdays: 9am to 12pm
Sundays: Closed

I’m under 21 – can I hire?

Yes! Anybody 18 and over can hire our campervans!

Can I hire with an Overseas License / Do I need an International License?

Yes, you can hire a Wicked Camper just using a valid driver’s license from your country. An International License is not required for hiring but some states of the USA and provinces may require it, so do your research before taking off.

Daily Hire Rate

This rate is based on calendar days and is the standard pricing method in the camper rental industry. For Example a Rental from Monday, October 10th 13:00 to Tuesday, October 11th 12:00 = 2 days rental.

Additional Drivers Fee

Having extra drivers is included in our Liability Reduction Option B. If you do not purchase Liability Reduction Option B, an additional $2 daily will be required.

Short Hire Fee

During Peak Seasons and in certain locations, a Short Hire Fee will apply to all hires under 7 Days.

Booking & Administration Fee 5%

This fee applies to all hires and covers a range of costs including reservation preparation costs and contract amendment fees.

Remote Agency Fee

Remote agency fees and conditions apply at Calgary & Toronto depots. Full payment prior to pickup is required for all remote agents. These depots are operated by third parties and have limited facilities. We charge this fee to cover expenses associated with relocating vehicles to and from these locations.

KM / Mileage Allowance

All Wicked Campers in USA & Canada include an allowance of 100 Miles (160kms) Per Day. For Example, if you hire for 10 Days, you will have a total trip allowance of 1000 Miles (1,600kms). Excess miles will be charged at $0.25 per mile / $0.16 per km. Extra Miles/Kms can be pre-purchased when booking your campervan.

Area Of Use Fees

Exploring remote regions can be an incredible experience, however it does increase the risk of damage to our vehicles. So that we can cover the costs of additional wear & tare to our vehicles, you will need to pay an Area of Use Fee if you intend to travel within any of the below regions. Please Note: These fees do not include any entry fees to National Parks (these are usually payable at entry gates).

Northern Territories Surcharge (Yukon/Alaska/Northwest Territories): If you wish to drive your campervan into any of these territories/areas, you will need to pay these fees. Penalties apply to hirers who do not disclose their full area of use at time of booking.

Burning Man Festival: There's a fair bit of unsealed roads heading into Burning Man Festival, which substantially increases the risk of damage posed to our campervans. So if you're heading to Burning Man, you will need to pay this Area of Use Fee. Penalties apply to hirers who do not disclose their full area of use at time of booking.

Is Damage Cover included in the price?

Yes, you must select your level of liability reduction when booking.

What is the Administration and Contract Fee?

This fee applies to all hires and covers a range of costs including credit card surcharge, reservation preparation costs and contract amendment fees.
Your initial deposit is non-refundable should you choose to cancel your reservation however, if you give Wicked Campers at least 14 days notice your deposit may be transferred to a future booking made within 6 months of this [cancellation] date. Note that this is at Wicked Campers discretion and is subject to individual circumstances, availability and the seasonal demand.

  • Cancellations made within 14 days of your pick up date will not be transferable or refunded.
  • Cancellations made within 48-24 hours of the pick up date will be charged 50% of the total hire cost as a cancellation fee.
  • Cancellations made within 24 hours of the pick up or 'no shows' will be charged 100% of the total hire cost as a cancellation fee.

Should you shorten your hire duration on or after the day of pick up, or are late collecting the vehicle, Wicked Campers are unable to refund any unused days. Wicked Campers reserves the right to cancel or move bookings with 14 days notice. If Wicked Campers is forced to cancel your booking within 14 days of the start of your hire due to any reason we will refund your deposit and any other monies taken. Wicked Campers will not refund or be liable for any other costs to the hirer. You should ensure that you have the highest level of travel insurance to cover all eventualities.

Other Information

Can I go to a big festival like Burning Man with a sexy campervan?

Yes! – a sexy Wicked Camper will be the perfect vehicle for your Half-Naked (or full ?) Psychedelic Dance Event. But, if you are travelling there, please note that a fee will apply.

What is an Area of Use (AOU)?

The area of use is where you are planning to travel with your campervan – the itinerary.

Can I take my campervan across to Vancouver Island?

Yes you certainly can!

Can we cross the border with a Wicked Camper?

As long as you are not on a wanted list, yes you can cross the border between USA & Canada! Be sure to have your passport with you and all the necessary documents to cross. Keep in mind that it is illegal to cross the border with drugs, so eat em' or flush em' baby'. Wicked Campers are NOT permitted in Mexico.

What do I need to bring when collecting my vehicle?

Pillows & Blankets, Licenses for ALL DRIVERS, All drivers will need to be present at pickup in order to sign the Rental Agreement

Do you have airport pickups available?

Airport pickups are not available. Most depots can be accessed by public transport, however taxis can be a quicker and more convenient option.

Can I extend my hire?

Depending on availability, you can easily extend your hire by calling 1 877 942 5380 in Canada or 1 310 200 4316 in USA or by sending a quick email with your reservation number to: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Can I drop my vehicle off late?

Some of our depots may be able to assist if you need to drop off your camper after hours (however we can make no guarantees). Call 1 877 942 5380 in Canada or 1 310 200 4316 in USA if you need to do this.

Can I pickup early?

No – you can only collect your vehicle during opening hours.

Do I have to clean my van before returning?

Yes please! A $200 Cleaning Fee applies to all vehicles returned uncleaned!

Who Can I Contact to Lodge some Feedback?

Here at Wicked Campers we have a team of trained monkeys whose job is to continually improve the way we do things. These monkeys are not only cute, they're also very focused on giving our customers the greatest campervan experience possible. But the monkeys need your help. Please email us: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we'll get back to you.

Wanna Hire a Campervan in the USA or Canada? Well look no further - we've got locations all around North America and the World! Call our gorgeous Roadtrip Planners today (seriously - they're smoking hot!):

  • In the USA Ph: 1 310 200 4316
  • In Canada Ph: 1 877 942 5380
Camper Rental has never been so sexy, Book Online or call up pronto amigo!

JTouch Mobile Extension for Joomla! 3.3 © 2014 Griddy Designs, LLC